Greg Hinshaw is a founding member of Burns, Day & Presnell, P.A. He focuses on the acquisition, development, and disposition of property, business formations and transactions, and estate planning issues. Greg has more than 40 years of experience working with people and companies in their real estate, business, and estate planning needs.
Greg has represented clients in mixed use and planned unit developments, office and shopping center financing and residential closings. In the estate planning area of his practice, he handles a variety of Wills, Trusts, Estates and Wealth Transfer issues. Greg also represents small businesses in their formation, acquisitions and mergers, and day-to-day legal needs.
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina, 1975
- Eastern District Federal Court, 1975
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1975
- University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Science, 1972
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Construction Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Estate Planning Section, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
- Tenth Judicial District, Member
- American Land Title Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- Greg has achieved the prestigious "AV®" rating, the top ranking in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. This rating is the result of a structured peer review and is based upon the confidential opinions of practicing attorneys and members of the judiciary.
- President’s Award of Excellence, Wake County Bar Association
- Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association, President, 1995
- Wake County Bar Association Grievance Committee, Member, 1990-1993
- Wake County Bar Association Grievance Committee, Chair, 1995-1997
- Wake County Bar Association Board of Directors, Member, 2001-2002 and 2011-2012.
- Haven House, Inc., past board member, president and former Chair of the Board of Directors