PRINT THIS PAGE
Jim Day is a founding member of Burns, Day & Presnell, P.A. and has represented individuals, businesses, and banks in a wide variety of commercial transactions for over 40 years.
- Business Formations & Contracts
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Loan Transactions
- Commercial Property Transactions
- Commercial Leases
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
- Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina
- US Supreme Court
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1975
- Purdue University, Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical - Astronautical Engineering Sciences, 1972
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Business Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Real Estate Section, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
- Tenth Judicial District, Member
- Wake County Real Property Lawyers’ Association, President
Honors & Awards
- "AV®" rating, the top ranking in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. This rating is the result of a structured peer review and is based upon the confidential opinions of practicing attorneys and members of the judiciary.
- Received the Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. award for finishing with the highest grade point average in the third year class at Wake Forest University Law School.
- Represented Client in Land Acquisition, Entity Formation, Financings, Lease-up and eventual Sale of Office Park ($96,000,000 Sales Price)
- Represented Client in a number of merger/acquisition transactions totaling over $45,000,000
- Represents a number of North Carolina Banks in connection with their Builder Construction Line Financing and A & D Financing.