Julia Kirkpatrick focuses on construction and contract law, employment law and commercial litigation. She has extensive experience in a range of legal matters affecting construction, from contract review to pursuit and defense of bond and lien claims. She regularly advises general contractors, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers to prevent litigation, but is equally prepared to handle litigation. Her experience also includes advising employers regarding sensitive personnel matters affecting their business operations, and involvement in commercial leasing matters.
Julia is an active member of the American, North Carolina, and Wake County Bar Associations and the State Bar of North Carolina. She has served as a member of the Wake County Bar Public Service Committee as chair for the This is the Law Hispanic/Latino legal education project, was a 2003 recipient of the President’s Award of Excellence, and acted as Co-chair for the NCBA Young Lawyers Division Peer Mediation Task Force, as well as a Division Director for the NCBA YLD. She was recognized by the North Carolina Bar Association as its lawyer of the quarter in March 2005.
An active member of our community, she serves regularly as a volunteer lawyer to the lawyer on the line program, is a member of the Board of Directors for the Carolina Youth Ballet and has held a variety of team leadership roles in the Junior League of Raleigh, including co-leading the 2007-08 Team of the Year.
Julia and her husband, Brian have two children. They attend Edenton Street United Methodist Church where Julia serves regularly. In her free time, Julia enjoys spending time with her family and their Yorkshire terrier as well as learning how to play the fiddle.
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- Campbell University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- North Carolina State University, Bachelor of Science, 1996
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Construction Law Section, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
- Tenth Judicial District, Member
Honors & Awards
- Wake County Bar President’s Award of Excellence, 2003
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Lawyer of the Quarter, 2005
- American Bar Association Award of Achievement, 2003
- Wake County Bar This is the Law Committee, Chair
- NCBA Young Lawyers’ Division Peer Mediation Task Force, Co-Chair
- NCBA Young Lawyers’ Division, Division Director
- Payment and Performance Bonds, 2007
- Apportioning Liability under Contracts, 2008
- Duke University’s Paralegal Studies Program, Faculty Member
- Jobs for Life, Mentor
- Carolina Youth Ballet, Board of Directors
- Raleigh Rescue Mission, Volunteer
- Loads of Love Team, Leader
- Capital Area Teen Court, Past Volunteer Judge
- Junior League of Raleigh, Member
- Door Step/Task Force, Volunteer
- Children’s Council for Edenton Street United Methodist Church, Past Chair
- York Elementary and Conn Elementary School, PTA Committee Chair
- Lawyer on the Line, Volunteer
- Edenton Street United Methodist Church, Sunday school teacher
Photo credit to Kumolu Studios.